Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple vehicle immobilizer

jjjjjj

I'll add also a switch to the end RLY, in case the circuit fails or any part of it has been destroyed. That way I can at least drive my mobile scooter home for repair.

Last edited:
Good idea, but I want the thief to get away from me. 20 seconds (about 20m) is just far enough for my safety, while I plead with an athletic person for help.

Thanks, Diver300. How would that fit into my circuit diagram? - Yet, now that I already bought that cheap Infrared barrier device I think I stick with that idea, for it's less likely to fail as the under-seat PB.

Last edited:
The device in post #19 draws 45mA. You will need to disconnect it when the vehicle is not being used, to prevent unnecessary discharge of the battery.

Thanks alec-t for your comment. Yes, you are right. The 60V to 12 V converter draws power, too. So, I must add another relay to the ignition switch that turns on/off the converter.

So, I revised my project to this:
Latest 1.jpg

Last edited:
I want only to secure my mobility scooter. At 81 they hate to allow me to drive a car. - In fact, a scooter is much safer than a car and, as fast as a bicycle. I can drive against the traffic on a footpath, enter shopping malls, etc. even hold a phone to my ear, drink alcohol while driving (albeit I'm not interested in doing so), and won't pay terrible fines, for police are only after milking car drivers. :)
If we all would drive mobility scooters the road toll would be zero! Only police & ambulance should be allowed to drive fast cars.

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back