Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Transmitter & Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

John E

I'm new to Electronics, so please go gentle with me.

I know what I want, End Product, but I don't know how to go about either making one or by purchasing ready made products.

I'm looking for a transmitter that will only transmit when a volt free, external connection, is closed.

Also a receiver that reacts only when the above transmitter is transmitting. The receiver will then, through a relay, complete a volt free circuit. IE switching on a electrical device. The volt free circuit may power 12, 24 or 240v

The T & R can be powered by 9v Battery

If needed I can draw up an illustration of what I am looking for.

Many thanks in anticipation.

I think volt-free is a clean-contact, e.g. an uncommitted/floating/isolated switch or relay.

Did you want your transmitter & receiver to be a radio tx/rx or infrared tx/rx? What range do you require? Any other salient requirements?

Here's a few remote relay boards that may do the trick:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
just go to WalMart and spend $9 for any remote-controlled toy. Add a relay where the motor used to be....and Bobs ur Uncle

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think volt-free is a clean-contact, e.g. an uncommitted/floating/isolated switch or relay. An open circuit, whatever you put in you get out IE 12,24 or 240v and is only live when the relay or switch is closed.

Did you want your transmitter & receiver to be a radio tx/rx or infrared tx/rx?

radio tx/rx

What range do you require? 60 Mtrs

Any other salient requirements?The Transmitter will only transmit when the two volt free external wires, feeding into the transmitter are linked. The power is the 9v battery inside the Transmitter. The transmission is only made when a external volt free switch is closed. I do not want a hand held remote switch. The action for the transmission will be switched by another mechanism, in other words when the two external wires are closed.

Thanks to all, your help is much appreciated.

You say that you're new to electronics, so if you want to build it yourself, a simple way would be to use pre-made rf tx/rx (e.g. TLP434 & RLP434), a Holtek remote encoder & decoder (e.g. **broken link removed**). Use a relay to provide your 'volt-free' output. If you're using 9V batteries, you'll want to drop the voltage for the components that require less (e.g. use a regulator).

Wiring should be simple, have a look at
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/06/wesley-ss.pdf
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/06/tx_rx434.pdf
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/06/Secure20Solar20Power20Source.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back