Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple to use Workbench Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

timsvb

Hi everyone,
New to here and electronics. Site looks pretty interesting.Was wondering where I might download a simple Electronic Workbench program.Downloaded LT Spice,but my head's not there yet.At Tech the tutor used a program called multisim, and that was neat. Out of my league price wise, though.
Hope some one can help.
Cheers, Tim

several FREE workbench or simulation prgs

Multisim has a free edition available online

I tried LT spice and get lost real quick

A nice program easy to use is one called TINA. has lots of features, its free for the limited edition and very useful if doing analog like amps, op-amps etc.
have used it for simulating transistor circuits, LED current draw etc.

Thanks Mr DEB,
Tried the multisim,but trial period expired,can't afford to buy it.Was just gettin used to it.Bumma. Will try Tina.

timsvb... Mr. DEB said "free edition." Are you sure you didn't get a "free trial." There is a difference, typically.

Multisim has a free edition available online

I tried LT spice and get lost real quick

A nice program easy to use is one called TINA. has lots of features, its free for the limited edition and very useful if doing analog like amps, op-amps etc.
have used it for simulating transistor circuits, LED current draw etc.

Isn't Multisim, Tina and LTSpice all built on the same underlying Berkley Spice code? I have never used Tina, but Multisim is just Spice with a different graphics wrapper.

LTSpice is by far the best Spice I have ever played with, viz a viz crashes, convergence, initial solutions, etc. It has powerful plotting and waveform arithmetic, and great free support over on the Yahoo LTSpice group.

I just posted an example of what you can do with LTSpice in this thread on this forum.

LTSpice is by far the best Spice I have ever played with, viz a viz crashes, convergence, initial solutions, etc. It has powerful plotting and waveform arithmetic...

But most importantly, what is the cost?

PS, I last played with Spice while in college, many, many, many years ago. There wasn't anything near a user-friendly interface back then, and we had to hard print our results as a bunch of astrics on a scale. The old dot-matrix printers always seemed to malfunction just as you were getting an important project done.

I'd be real interested in trying a new interface out.

Last edited:
I use a program called Express PCB, it doesn't run the circuit though it is great. It draws up PCB's and Schematics.

It's really easy to use.

I have a copy of Electronics Workbench on floppy disc some where...

Dunno if thats still available?

Maybe I could copy it to cd?

Downloaded LTSpice day before yesterday. Printed up the "Quick Start" guide, and was up and running in just a few minutes. Nice interface and waveform viewer.

I had the luxery of having used Pspice in college, so I was part of the way there to start with. I think there are still some good reference in publication for Pspice, which by the way, forms the foundation of all or most of the circuit simulators. Maybe LTSpice has good online docs too, don't really know about that. But if you've had a hard time getting started, try the Quick Start guide, and then ask questions here. Help is available.

Downloaded LTSpice day before yesterday. ...Maybe LTSpice has good online docs too, don't really know about that. But if you've had a hard time getting started, try the Quick Start guide, and then ask questions here. Help is available.

Also, LTSpice has a user's group on Yahoo where there are a lot of experienced users (like here) that will answer questions. They also have a FILES section with hundreds of models and example circuits that solve various simulation problems.

I'm an LTSpice fan myself.

I also use Tina, Electronics Workbench and Crocodile Clips.

LTSpice is the best in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back