Simple Remote Control Theory??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANDzCLEANx

Hi everyone

What is the basic theory of remote control??

This is what I think it works:
The transmitter: A 555-timer to send out the pulsating signal with LEDs.

The reciever: A voltage devider, with one resistor being a LDR, connected to a de-coupling capacitor, then it is connected to a constant biasing-voltage divider, then connected to a transistor( BJT CLASS A CE) amplifier.
Next its connected to another de-coupling capacitor, then it passes through a PASSIVE RC x-ORDER BAND-PASS filter( x being any number).
Then it is de-coupled again, biased again and then amplified(CE) again.

Then, by my theory, I will have a "remote-control" fundamental circuit, ready to be used with a shcmit-trigger,etc.

SO, WILL IT WORK???
I am currently researching transistors in-depth(going through all the info I can), and I wish not to use OP-AMPS( I have only vague knowledge of OP-amps), and I have no knowledge of photodiodes and photo-transistors.

Thanx for reading this post.

CHEERS

If you look at my IR PIC tutorial that explains a bit more about it, but basically IR remote control works by using a carrier of about 38-40KHz. This is then pulsed on and off by the digital data in the transmitter, the receivers use an IC which does all the hard work and gives out a logic level signal based on the original digital data transmitted. You then have to decode the digital data to do what you want, it's usual to use a micro-controller at either end, or a specific custom device - which is simply a pre-programmed micro-controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…