Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckfoo

I previously posted the question "Q?????" I guess I wasn't clear. I just want to know what "Q" stands for in electronics. I've been a technician for four years now so I forgot alot of things from school. So something simple like "Q" = ??? is not something I can remember. I've been lazy over the years but now I want to really learn what I should alredy remeber because my skills have stopped from going any higher. I think "Q" equals gain in a mosfet or something like that but I just don't know. I acually want to strive to be more like an engineer and I have a long way to go. But what better time to atart than now. Is there a site you uys use to reference formulas you forgot or acronym references. I work on Siemens Medical Patient Monitors like the SC7000 and I am having boot/ download problems that I can't solve so it's ("it is" ron and pebe) really irretating to know that a little knowledge I should alredy know is keeping be from being the best. So scholars...... what, please, does Q mean.

q is an electronic charge, expressed in Coulombs (C)

The constant for q =
q = 1.602 x 10-19 Coulomb

Q also stands for quality factor in an inductor. In a series RL circuit, Q is the inductive reactance XL divided by the resistance: Q=XL/Rs.
In a parallel RL circuit, Q is the resistance divided by the inductive reactance: Q=Rp/XL
Where XL=2*pi*F*L, where F is frequency, L is the inductance, and pi=3.1416.
In a parallel resonant LC circuit, Q is the center frequency divided by the -3dB bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back