Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple question re: negative voltage on 741 op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltonlobot

Hi there, excuse my complete newness, but, I had troubles with this issue a while ago, and seeing as ppl are more than helpful here..

I wanted to build the electronic percussion synth from the classic forest m mimms "getting started in electronics", but, well, as a side note, I find that book maybe not as easy to understand as others Ive found since.. But, I realize I could make a power supply delivering positive and negative 9v, but do I really need to do this for this circuit below? or when the 741 goes to -9v on pin 4, because "-" is just a voltage difference, in my case of just wanting this standalone circuit, could I just connect it to ground?

or, really, do I have to build a negative -9volt into the circuit?

thanks!
**broken link removed**

Yes, you do require a negative voltage in order to bias the internal transistors of 741 in active region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back