Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Light Break Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike47

Hi
Am making a light break detection sensor as per attached schematic.

Question: I can't find a 5v relay with a coil resistance of 125 Ohms, I have some 5v relays at 70 Ohms would they work ?, also the diode 1n4004 , I have some 1N5397 would they do in place of the 4004 ? .

cheers
Spike

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 180
Hi again
Is there some way to introduce a time delay into this circuit, so that after the object passes through the beam break the relay will stay activated for lets say a second later !.

cheers
Spike

Yes. But your question is ambiguous. Do you want the relay delayed or the activation to be extended?

Mike.

Yes. But your question is ambiguous. Do you want the relay delayed or the activation to be extended?

Mike.

Hi
Thanks for your reply, sorry if not been clear, "activation to be extended" is what I would like to do .
heers
Spike

Here is what I have as a schematic by (dodgydave)

Attachments

• IR BREAK LIGHT SENSOR  16.12.20  REV 3.jpg
    IR BREAK LIGHT SENSOR 16.12.20 REV 3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 162
A longer time ago I've realized that with an simple REED Contact.
The Power line to the Bulp was wrapped a few times around the reed contact - Dependend from the drawn current.
When Current to the Lamp was drawn the Contact opens.
When Lamp defect no current was drawn and the control Led lights up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back