simple IR transmitter receiver schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnoquinn

Hello, I'm looking for very simple plans/schematics for an infrared transmitter and receiver and was wondering if anyone had some available or could point me in the right direction. I found some plans on the web, bought all of the components and had no luck getting it to work. What I want to do is to remotely turn on an LED indicator from across the room (range of 12 feet) as a visual cue to my partner - something compact, generating no RF and with a low power consumption. Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

Hi there! Can you link to or post the plans/schematic you built from? Perhaps if the original design isn't broken, we can help you debug it.

Regards,

Torben

Hi there! Can you link to or post the plans/schematic you built from? Perhaps if the original design isn't broken, we can help you debug it.

Regards,

Torben
Hello Torben, here's the link to a site which provided what I thought was my solution:

Infa-Red Remote Control

I was going to replace the solenoid on the receiver with an LED but my voltmeter gave me no indication of activity. I did follow the suggestions in the follow up comments with no luck.

Thanks for your assistance,

John

---------------------------
curiosity killed the cat, but for the longest I was to blame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…