Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple IR remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSobol

I need an IR remote control interface to work together with the parallel port, which should be managed by VB.
I only need around 4-6 buttons to work.
Any help/links/info is really appreciated.

Use HT12E (Encoder) and HT12D (Decoder) ICs which are dedicated Remote ICs. You can find more information and schematics based on these ICs at www.rentron.com

The output of these ICs can be easily connected to the "Status Inputs" of Printer Port.

One more thing. VB can't access Parallel Port Directly. So you need to get an Activex Control for that (like the MSCOMM control for serial port). I had found one on the net but I don't remember the URL right now. Try searching it in google.com .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back