Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Guitar Distortion Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original Fuzz-Face circuit used germanium transistors that had poor high frequency response. The circuit I posted uses silicon transistors and has a small capacitor to ground at its input to cut the high frequencies to be like the old circuit. The capacitor also reduces radio pickup.

Yeah but I don't want to just copy this design from there...I'd at the least like to know the math behind it so that I can mess around with maybe adding a tone adjustment in the future.

iv tried already they wont tell you. when i find out (if i find out) then ill gladly help you! iv bought 3 books on the subject so hopefully ill find it in one of them.
by then way if you want to know anything electronic buy a book called the art of electronics by Horowitz and hill. meant to have everything in it but they are hard to find and a bit pricey sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back