Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Audio Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

How would you build a simple audio amplifier for basic computer speakers.

If possible I want it to be really simple, with transistors audio output transformer and maybe an audio amp IC.

How about Just an LM386 Power amp IC.

No transitors or transformer.

Just get that Data Sheet.

SO I would use this schematic for a 200 gain

Attachments

• amp_191.jpg
    amp_191.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,164
The LM386 isn't very powerful. With a 6V supply and an 8 ohm speaker, it produces a whopping 0.2W at clipping. With a higher supply voltage its output power is more, but it might melt.

Attachments

• lm386_109.png
    lm386_109.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,014
how about national semicodnuctors amplyfier design guide:
**broken link removed**

It can also sumualte the output power and the tempereture.

Just type in the parameters.

I used National's "amp selection" program to find 25W into 8 ohms with 1% distortion and a dual 28V supply. Their cheapest amp is the LM4701T. It is a very good amp and gives only 0.1% distortion at 30W. :lol:
Their stereo amps cost a lot more. :(

It Would certainly be helpful if guys would give ALL the Required info.
Save a lot of needless replies also.

25 watts is Not particularly a simple Amp. And Who needs that for Computer speakers. Are you Deaf?

TDA2030

I don't know if this is cheap but it's not a complex schematic and manage your 25W requirements.

Attachments

• tda2030.gif
    tda2030.gif
    19 KB · Views: 1,079
25 Watts would turn a typical little computer speaker into smoke.

My new computer came with amplified speakers that have 3" little speakers inside, and they are powered by a 12VDC/1A wall-wart.
12W from the mains, 4.8W to heat the amplifiers and 7.2W for the total power for both speakers.
3.6W in each speaker sounds quite loud.

Maybe you want an amplifier with 25 Whats.

chemelec said:
And Who needs that for Computer speakers. Are you Deaf?

I have 32W coming out of my computer speakers. 6W per 3" "satellite" speakers and 20W for the small 5" subwoofer. And although the subwoofer packs a nice ooomph, the satellites are way too easily overpowered by the sub, and could use a bit more power. But what I have is just a notch above mediocre, so it might explain the lack of treble/higher frequencies response.

You know, some people listen to more than Windows' DING! on their computer ;) Just look at what kind of peripherals Creative Labs has to offer to gamers, musicians and the average music enthusiast on the computer...

Joel Rainville said:
But what I have is just a notch above mediocre, so it might explain the lack of treble/higher frequencies response.
Just a little bit of high frequency equalization will change your mediocre system into a fabulous one.
Luckily, high frequencies use very little power. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back