Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple 3-way switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesander

I would like to wire my doorbell (16vac) to an LED light and simple "bell" tone on my desk. I would like to be able to cancel the alert from my desk. I do not need an intercom for speaking to the person at the door. Is there already something in existence that does this? I have looked in electronics supply stores but nobody knows a switch or circuit that would accomplish this. It seems that a 3-way switching system on a transformer would serve the purpose. I am pretty handy with wiring, soldering, etc. but if it requires elaborate circuit board building, lots of resistors, etc., I am a novice. Any info or resources? (I have tried Googling, but I don't know what to call it.)

Thanks for any help!

I would like to wire my doorbell (16vac) to an LED light and simple "bell" tone on my desk. I would like to be able to cancel the alert from my desk. I do not need an intercom for speaking to the person at the door. Is there already something in existence that does this? I have looked in electronics supply stores but nobody knows a switch or circuit that would accomplish this. It seems that a 3-way switching system on a transformer would serve the purpose. I am pretty handy with wiring, soldering, etc. but if it requires elaborate circuit board building, lots of resistors, etc., I am a novice. Any info or resources? (I have tried Googling, but I don't know what to call it.)

Thanks for any help!

The biggest hassle is running the wires from your desk to the transformer or current bell location. Might want to consider wireless door bells:

**broken link removed**

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back