Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM800 Module stops registering after a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO I am using sim800l...
The imei printed on my board is different than as I get the imei number from AT+CGSN command.. What does it mean... My module is fake or something....?

That's perfectly normal, all mine do the same - and I actually use the IMEI to identify the units they are built-in.

But there's no need for the printed number on the board, mine connect to a PHP/MYSQL database, and automatically create a new entry if the IMEI number isn't already in the database thus self registering.

As for not registering, are you trying to leave it permanently connected?, because after a while the provider will disconnect you.

One of mine has recently flattened it's battery, it was on long term test running from a single (second hand) 18650, uploading data every 8 hours (normal usage for the intended application would be weekly) - it managed 378 uploads, before the battery was too low for it to continue.

That's perfectly normal, all mine do the same - and I actually use the IMEI to identify the units they are built-in.

But there's no need for the printed number on the board, mine connect to a PHP/MYSQL database, and automatically create a new entry if the IMEI number isn't already in the database thus self registering.

As for not registering, are you trying to leave it permanently connected?, because after a while the provider will disconnect you.

One of mine has recently flattened it's battery, it was on long term test running from a single (second hand) 18650, uploading data every 8 hours (normal usage for the intended application would be weekly) - it managed 378 uploads, before the battery was too low for it to continue.

Thanks for quick reply...

I put the module permanently Connected for 1 hour ... And +CREG: 0,3 and network led blinking at 1 sec Continuously... Here I attached photos of my set up.. I gave 5v supply to sim800l board and was working perfectly few days ago... I am using 18650 battery and 5v booster as supply...

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_172123.jpg
    IMG_20190324_172123.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20190324_172342.jpg
    IMG_20190324_172342.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20190324_172302.jpg
    IMG_20190324_172302.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 268
Don't use the 5V booster, you're probably killing the SIM800 by using that, the 18650 direct to the SIM800 is all you need. Check the SIM800L datasheet for it's voltage specifications - it's designed for a maximum of 4.4V, and specifically for a direct feed from a Li-Ion battery.

And make sure your FDTI module is set to 3.3V, it looks as if it is though.

First, make sure about the power supply and stability by adding a large capacitor. Then take care of the antenna. If your problem didn't solve. Replace your GSM module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back