Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show temperature on LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

radialspel

I have a project where i should show 4 temperatures at the same time on a 2x16 LCD-display. The first thing that happends is that the first temperature shows perfect but when i send a control-command to the displat that it shold go to another specific position on the display the text on the display changes to wired characters but the cursor is on the position i want. The time for every character or control-command transfer is 2ms. What is wrong??

radialspel said:
I have a project where i should show 4 temperatures at the same time on a 2x16 LCD-display. The first thing that happends is that the first temperature shows perfect but when i send a control-command to the displat that it shold go to another specific position on the display the text on the display changes to wired characters but the cursor is on the position i want. The time for every character or control-command transfer is 2ms. What is wrong??

Commands take differing lengths of time, are you sure you are waiting long enough for the commands you are using?.

My tutorial LCD routines use the hardware busy signals rather than a simple delay routine for this very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back