Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should I wear my Granddad hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Tomorrow, I'm baby sitting two of my Grandchildren. Debating if I should wear my flat (granddad) cap? Opinions?

Mike.

P.S. Is Granddad the correct spelling, seems wrong to me.

I don't wear a cap or hat , perhaps i should.. Spelling ... guess i had the us dictionary loaded :confused:

Debating if I should wear my flat (granddad) cap? Opinions?
I guess it all depends on why you are wearing the hat.

Are you wearing it to show status as a wise elderly gentleman?
or
Are you wearing it a PPE to ward off blows.
I which case I recommend a nice shiny white hard hat.

Is Granddad the correct spelling, seems wrong to me.
It could be worse, you could be German,
In which case you would be Großvater pronounced "gross farter"

JimB

I guess it all depends on why you are wearing the hat.

Are you wearing it to show status as a wise elderly gentleman?

We used to do demonstrations of Ju Jitsu at various public events, one sketch we used to do was me wearing a flat cap, walking with a walking stick, complete with limp (but still wearing Gi and Black Belt) :D

Three people used to attack me, and I knocked the crap out of them - ending up with three of us holding the walking stick. Two were facing me, and had hold of the outsides of the horizontal walking stick, and I had hold of the middle - I dropped back and down, threw the two attackers over my head, and rolled back to my feet.

Anyway - we did it one day, and came to the end section - but we couldn't all get hold of the walking stick?????. So we improvised on the spot, and Gordon and Ben (the two remaining attackers), just had one hand each on the stick, and did a lot more leaping then usual :D

So we were scratching our heads and looking at the stick when the chief instructor (Ged - who was the third attacker) came up to complain that I broke the stick across his back early on in the routine :D I never noticed, Ban and Gordon never noticed - but Ged obviously did! :D

In all the rolling and leaping about, the flat cap never came off of my head, which I found quite amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back