Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shorting hair straightener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon. I have a Remington hair straightener which is shorting on the pcb and it fries even the Current passage. Can anyone help to solve this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_111824.jpg
    IMG_20200501_111824.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
Have you checked to see if the element is shorted or theres another short somewhere ese, the tracks would only do that if you had a lot of power going through them.

Have you checked to see if the element is shorted or theres another short somewhere ese, the tracks would only do that if you had a lot of power going through them.

I have checked both upper and lower elements with a multimeter and they're not shorted and on the pcb there's no sign of fuse or any protector. I have two of these appliances with the same problem

There must be a short somewhere to fry the tracks, secomnd thing to look at is the wires that carry power from one side to the other, maybe flexing has causing them to short.
I'm surprised the plug fuse didnt expire before the track fried.

There must be a short somewhere to fry the tracks, secomnd thing to look at is the wires that carry power from one side to the other, maybe flexing has causing them to short.
I'm surprised the plug fuse didnt expire before the track fried.

I'll try to check all the cables once again though I checked the upper ones were showing about 75ohms from the upper element resistance and the lower was showing the same and no continuity beep from the multimeter.

Might be when you move things around something makes contact that shouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back