Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short Circuit protection Using Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmrps

Hi i am get the following short circuit protection circuit from the website it is working fine .The problem is when the 12v supply is on it is started from NC operation after pressing the push button only the output will come and if it is short circuit at the output the relay get turn off and it is change to NC.I want to modified this circuit as first it work with NO and if it is short circuit it is work to NC that is i want to avoid pressing push button at the start up and automatically it has to work to NO at first and if it is short circuit at the output it has to work with NC.i am unable to find the way to implement this logic.Please guide me to achieve this solution
WhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 1.40.08 PM.jpeg

Hi,

A circuit breaker is required to trip a circuit under fault conditions and keep it tripped till the fault is cleared and the reset button is pressed.

In this circuit, the 'start' and 'reset' functions are taken care of by the push button switch.

With your design, there would be no positive tripping but only alternate breaks and makes (chatter) till the fault is cleared.

Regards,

Nandu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back