Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

I did a google for building a wind direction measurment but can't locate the post on here as one of the searches lead me to Electro-tech.
something about using a servo potentiometer to indicate wind direction.
If anyone is familiar with this post or how a servo pot could be utilized to indicate wind direction.
never worked with a servo but I assume that it would rotate 360 degrees and output an analog resistance reading?
planning on connecting to a PIC for the air cannon I am designing or helping to design.

some where on this site (electro-tech a servo was mentioned but can't seem to find it??

And they're red & yellow. I love colorful parts.
**broken link removed**

Man you're not kidding!

Those things look like they escaped from some Cartoon reality where all the electronic engineers have big red noses and purple hair!

rather than buying an encoder or servo

decided to make some 3inch discs using sketchup
dividing one disc into 24 sections and other into 64 sections.
using an optical slot sensor, use the 24 slots disc for wind speed and the 64 slot disc for wind direction.
using a compass, point the wind vane to the north to calibrate at time of install or use then allow to move to indicate wind direction.
the 24 section disc for wind speed.
using a scroll saw, cut slits into plastic laminate for discs.
now to order slot sensors and figure out code for pic.
Plan is to use for aiming an air cannon for hitting defined targets at 30, 60 and 90 yards.
PIC w/ LCD display to indicate muzzle velocity, wind direction, wind speed, air chamber pressure as well as projectile energy based on projectile weight and muzzle velocity.
going to leave nothing to chance as cash in being offered.

no pumkins

the contest calls for the use of baseballs.
not sure if soft balls or hard balls or maybe even tennis balls??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back