Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Series Coil Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

devronious2009

AC circuit, at 8khz, 10 volts:

If I have two coils with varying induction values, One about .1 henry and the other about 6micro henries. If I supply an ac voltage wave will the amperage rise and fall the same in both coils, meaning in phase? Since its series doesn't the amp rise and fall have to be the same.

And does that differ if I run them in parallel?

Actually I was hoping for a yes or no type answer. The link doesn't really get into the answer I was confused about.

The question was whether the amperage in series was different thru the inductors as measured inside the inductor itself. I think it was saying it was the same, right?

Although I couldn't really see there being a difference unless some charge was building up somehow.

For a series connection the current will be the same.

For a parallel connection the voltage will be the same.

Feel free to read about kirchoff's voltage & current laws (they're very brief and simple).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back