Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial to parallel output

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwt

Hi out there..
Currently i need a serial in parallel out circuit in order to operate my circuit behind that.

I need a circuit that is able to invert the incoming serial signal and remove the start and stop bits.

I am using a MAX232 and PC16550D UART to do so. The problem i face is how to program that UART.

Anyway, i come across this website.

https://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/hobby circuits/computer_circuits.htm

I found something interesting about the first circuit. :D

**broken link removed**

Can this circuit operate as what i want?(invert serial signal, remove start and stop bits and parallel the incoming data) :?:
I need some confirmation.

Thanks!!! :lol:

The simplest way is probably to just use a PIC, assuming you already have a 5V supply this could be as simple as a PIC16F628 and a single resistor!.

One of my RS232 PIC tutorials does pretty well just what you want, they actually use a MAX232 for the RS232 interface, but a simple resistor can be used instead - particularly for just one way.

If you wanted to use a UART, the old 6402 was commonly used for these sorts of purposes - but it's considerably more complex than a PIC solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back