Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial / LPT port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

flydr2

Hi all, I will help anyone who needs S/W for a project. I can write in Visual DialogScript to serial and LPT ports.

I do know alot about Velleman boards like K8000, K8001, K8056 and others.

I've designed some wireless control systems at work.

So if I can help in anyway here... simply let me know.

No money

I don't want money... But I do expect 2 things...

1- That you will learn how the codes work (I will help with that)

2- That you will help others for free with what you have learned

This is only what I want...
ps: you may NOT use my codes for any project that will be commercial in any way...

So if you intend to make money with it, then write your own codes.

no that was just fou checing.

I would like a program, that i could use with my webcam. my wecam is on a stepper motor and i would like that it would turn some stepps left and some right(about 45degrees right and 45 left). i want to send commands over the internet somehow, sending command like "cam left 5" (camera turn left 5 steps). it can use mail, msn, etc. stepper is connected to printer ports 4 pins. (don't know the numbers)

the stepper moves fwd by code:

and reverse:

program:

read commands what are being written in msn window (command type "cam left 5" (explained earlier)) acording to the number and direction move the stepper to one side or another.

if you need more details then just ask.

What he is trying to say is:
The program wod recive an E-Mail or MSN mesege and wod send the comand to the staper

Exsample:
If it recives "cam left 3" than the output of the paralel prot:
3 times repets this:

Its a simple program

yes thats the program i need.

This is my first electro-tech reply.
This is a little specific/direct but i'd like help with the following intelexual dead-ends:
1. I would like to know how make my robot to run a code/program/command line on my robot without needing an operating system installed...i hope to be able to initiate cirtain programs when they receive a signal from either their sensors or remote control.
2. I would like to know what needs to be written in a program to designate a specific port (preferrably USB) and what code has what effect (prefferably in C++) to pass on instructions.

i may speak in an unknown dialect of our language, but i've never tried to put this concept into writting before. i will probably be able to elaborate on this question when i read your replies.

This is a little specific/direct but i'd like help with the following intelexual dead-ends:
1. I would like to know how make my robot to run a code/program/command line on my robot without needing an operating system installed...i hope to be able to initiate cirtain programs when they receive a signal from either their sensors or remote control.
2. I would like to know what needs to be written in a program to designate a specific port (preferrably USB) and what code has what effect (prefferably in C++) to pass on instructions.

i may speak in an unknown dialect of our language, but i've never tried to put this concept into writting before. i will probably be able to elaborate on this question when i read your replies.

Why are you responding to an old post that has already been solved?

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back