Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial communication between two pic with RF modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi,
i send the sensor data to RF transmitter with serial communication(1-wire) then on the reciever board
RF reciever get the data and send it to the micro by serial comunication and show it on lcd.
i should send the sensor data every 5 minutes and during this time micro goes to sleep mode.
after two or three transfering , i can't see anything on lcd but after restarting the micro
it works without any problem.
why do you think after 2 or 3 transfering this problem is occuring?
how can i solve the problem?
is it about software?
i use microcode sudio picbasic pro2.41 .
i use serin and serout instructions for serial communication.

hi..
First of all you send preamble which are 5 byte of 0x55 or 0xAA...Then send 5 byte 0x00 and 5 byte 0xFF for obtain synchron.. Perhaps it causes the problem...

hi,
are you sure that i should send that 25 bytes befor sending my data?
my problem is that after recieving data for 3 or 4 times ,something wrong happen to the data and i can't see anything on lcd.do you think that my problem will solve by sending that preamle bytes befor my dada bytes?

Last edited:
yes, i put a 4.7K resistor between reset pin and vcc.(pin number 1 in pic16f873a).this is not my problem. could you help me more?

You might try reading my PIC RF tutorial?, it's not a good idea to try and send standard serial data over a radio link, you should encode it in some way (Manchester coding, or some other NRZ system). A radio link is AC coupled, RS232 is DC coupled - that's the first problem!.

i use haming code.
is it good for my application?
should i send some preamble bytes?

Last edited:
amindzo said:
i use haming code.
is it good for my application?
should i send some preamble bytes?

I wasn't aware that haming code was of any help for RF?, and if you're using the inbuilt serial routines of PICBASIC then you're just sending plain serial?.

I have done it by PICC...I sent preamble+sencron before sending any data...After sending data i waited 80 Us for 1200 baud after each data sending...But i'm not sure that this application can solve your problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back