Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sequential synchronous circuit exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpNw

I need some help in understanding an exercise.

Here I have a State Diagram (Moore Machine), and the exercise asks me to write the table of transitions between states and machine outputs.

I can understand almost everything, but something is confusing me, the outputs expression, I have no idea how to determine what is the output value by those expressions. As I understand I have 2 Inputs A and B right? But I'm assuming that I can only have one value for my input like for example, in STATE S2 we can see (A⋅B') so for me That means (A )A=1 AND (B') B=0 so my OUTPUT Value should = 0 (1⋅0=0), in S1 we got A' that means my OUTPUT value should be 0, and so on... but I'm not shore if I am thinking correctly, if someone could explain me what I am doing wrong pls tell me.

1623345063764.png

* I hope I did design the table correctly, if I don't pls let me know, because other question is how can e represent the 3rd transition of S2 (A') with this table.

Normally in this type exercises the INPUTS are represented by 0's or 1's like this:
1623345077214.png

But as you can see in the exercise it is represented by expressions, while I don't realize it I can't determine the next state in the transition table.

Attachments

• 1623345025201.png
    1623345025201.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back