Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakrajchris

In my project we use IR sensor,PIR sensor,METAL sensor. I need to know whether the output of each sensor is analog or digital.

MSP430-PIR sensor

ID18-3008NA -metal sensor

QED222 -IR sensor

and how are the given to micro-controller.

am having a circuit diagram can u plz tell about the sensor interfacing.

View attachment 62516

If you need information like that datasheets are the way to go... To tell if they're analog or not, go to the datasheet and look at their output, if you find Ouput voltage or anything of that sort it means its analog, (Most single output analog devices are three pin for Vdd Vcc and Out like a LM35 temperature sensor... Digital will probably have four pins and up...

I see your metal detector as LM18-3008NA which is a tubular design having an 8mm sensing distance using open collector NPN output, at least from what I see here. Should that be the case it is either on or off at the output. It is a N/O (Normally Open) output. Max current is 200 mA.

Ron

Thanks for this useful informations. . . . .. in my attachments how have they given the output of sensors to microcontroller. . . . . .is this the right way. . . . . .will the microcontroller read that value. . . . . . .

Thanks for this useful informations. . . . .. in my attachments how have they given the output of sensors to microcontroller. . . . . .is this the right way. . . . . .will the microcontroller read that value. . . . . . .

Yes, a micro controller will read a digital logic or an analog value. Just depends on how you program it to read whatever you choose to input to it.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back