Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor_signal_conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hi Board,

Can someone show me right path/application notes how to condition these type of sensors.
**broken link removed** I would like to omit Maxim chip solutions as I am under impression that Maxim takes long lead times.

Regards
-D

Last edited:
You need a "differential" amplifier. It can be a single precision opamp, or made from multiple opamps, or a ready made "instrumentation amplifer". These can be bought from Analog Devices, Linear Technology, Texas Instruments, National, Fairchild, and about fifty other makers. For starters, look up the data sheets and application notes for the INA12x (1<x<9) family of Instrumentation Amps.

Last edited:
You need a "differential" amplifier. It can be a single precision opamp, or made from multiple opamps, or a ready made "instrumentation amplifer". These can be bought from Analog Devices, Linear Technology, Texas Instruments, National, Fairchild, and about fifty other makers. For starters, look up the data sheets and application notes for the INA12x (1<x<9) family of Instrumentation Amps.

Hi Mike, I have studied plenty on conditioning differential signals before I return and it really is time consuming . With so many manufacturers providing solutions . I need suggestions, the sensor spec says its driven by CC source (choosen) now if we need a swing of 0~5V at the IAs output what voltage should power the sensor.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Mike, I have studied plenty on conditioning differential signals before I return and it really is time consuming . With so many manufacturers providing solutions . I need suggestions, the sensor spec says its driven by CC source (choosen) now if we need a swing of 0~5V at the IAs output what voltage should power the sensor.

Thanks

I am sure MikeMI has better things to do than do your research. I suggest you read up on Wheatstone bridges. Wheatstone bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like MikeMI said, many parts are available to perform your task, you need to do the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back