Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor board using accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuntt101

Hi all,
I have to design a sensor board to interface with a wireless sensor node (the TELOSB MOTE) and I will need to be able to read 2 pqrqmeters: Temperature and mechanical vibration. The temperature part isn't an issue, since I guess a thermitor would give me voltage changes as temperature varies.
My problem is the vibration side of things... Apparently, accelerometers would be of good use for such a requirement BUT I do not have any clue of how they work, what they measure, if they give analogue or digital signals, what kind I should use, what voltage range they output...etc :confused: .
I need some references, websites, blogs or anykind of usefull info please...

Holla back!!

To Mikebits,
That really helps...Thanks. Still have to find the appropriate IC for my application but the choice is pretty broad... Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back