Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending phone texts with a wemos

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
Whats the best way to send a text message with a internet enabled wemos, I've seen these sites that you can sign up to that really want you to pay for the privalege, is there a better way to do this.
My programming skills are good enough, its just I've never tried to send text's on the internet, even with a pc.

text isn't really internet, its more like a phone call. unfortunately without paying those annoying monthly fees, the next best bet is email for anything in general
not sure what the/your wemo can specifically do/does, but last i checked for mine(a wifi relay) it was a pain just to connect to it via desktop. With my wemo, it ran on the local network and was connected to via cell phone.. on local wifi. I dont believe the software could even connect from external networks.

my best thought would be to reverse engineer the protocol it uses to get/set data and create a desktop program on the local network that polls the device and generates emails from there.

Do you have a link for the WEMOS?

No No No, nothing like, sorry I assumed you guys would have heard of them,
I have one of these:
**broken link removed**
And some of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-E...hash=item3f629f356b:m:mBljr6c0_2wR1wM8HUjdD9g
A wemos is a processor from expressive, 80mhz xhip with a built in 2/4 gig radio system, the wemos D1 R1 is exactly like a arduino uno, same pinout, only some of the i/o is missing, 4 of the analogue channels, and it can be programmed from the arduino Ide environment.
There are other versions too, the D1 R2 is about the size of a pro mini, but has Usb, and there are versions that dont have i/o, just a serial port, and some have 1 or 2 pins i/o.
Overall they are a nifty device as you can host a webpage with them, from very simple to a fully fledged page, you can also do all kinds of network stuff like mqtt. I'm going to put together an alarm system that has an internet page so I can monitor stuff and control lights from afar.
Beware if you get into them that you need to ensure any internet connection is secure, the firmware has various methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back