Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending Data Through Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTan

Some calculator buddies of mine are having a little debate over it's possible to transfer TI variables using cellular headset ports. I would like to know if this is possible.

**broken link removed**

We have a few initial concerns. First, I'm certain the audio input for the headset is AC-coupled, which would block the pure binary NRZ format expected from the calculator. Possible remedies on the table are tone or manchester encoding.

Also we want to know the audio bandwidth of the cellphones so we can anticipate a realistic data rate.

Also, we were concerned about that echo in cell conversations that causes you to hear your own voice delayed a few hundred ms (I forgot the technical name for it and why it's used). This is an aspect that would cripple the experiment unless we could use the phone's data port somehow.
---------------------
Anyway, we already realize this is a crazy, impractacal, off-the-wall idea and we don't care. So if you find yourself typing anything to the effect of "why would you need that?" hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and repeat. We're basically just in search of a way to send low-speed binary (9600bps) using a cell. I'll look up my phone model tonight. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back