Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

selection of analog voltage in ADC0808.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

there are 8 inputs for analog voltage in ADC0808 to convert it into Binary.
and those pin can be selected by the three pin, they are 25,24,23. but in my case only input IN0 or pin no 23 is only active, whatever i do with the ADD A,B,C pin.
000 only in this case the voltage input must be entered to ADC. but 001or010 it is also happening the same. i'm using Two analog input IN0and IN1 and rest of them i simply give them ground.
i can get the result with IN1. what should I do. I also add the Pin details of ADC0808.
thanks in advance.View attachment 66925

hi,
Your explanation of the problem is not clear.??

If you want only IN0 then connect Add A,B,C to 0V, to select IN1, connect A to +V and B,C to 0V.

hi,
Your explanation of the problem is not clear.??

If you want only IN0 then connect Add A,B,C to 0V, to select IN1, connect A to +V and B,C to 0V.
i need both the input IN0 andd IN1. But if i connect A to +V and B,C to 0V, then also the INO is activated so the result out for the IN0, not IN1.

i need both the input IN0 andd IN1. But if i connect A to +V and B,C to 0V, then also the INO is activated so the result out for the IN0, not IN1.

Hi,
This is the address table from the d/s, if you are selecting more than one input, the 0808 maybe faulty.

Are you using the Address strobe.??
E

Last edited:
Hi,
This is the address table from the d/s, if you are selecting more than one input, the 0808 maybe faulty.

Are you using the Address strobe.??
E

did mean the ALE pin by adress strobe?? how should i use it???
i am using just two input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back