Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selecting the correct vibration motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with that, I’m asking questions in the hope people can help. Unfortunately JonSea people like you are more interested in needlessly bragging about your 35 years experience (that no one asked for or cares about) than giving constructive help. Maybe it helps fuel your self importance?
You are asking questions and people are helping out.
People who apparently know what they are talking about, who don't have to ask the questions you are asking.
Jon has been on here since 2012 and this is the first time, as far as I know, that he has revealed his many years in this particular field.
I don't see this as bragging, more as reinforcing that he knows what he is talking about.
Two ears and one mouth.....maybe you should listen twice as much as you speak?

Mr. Sheldon is talking about applying this to full size helicopters.
Who gets in a helicopter that vibrates?

Sell it, get one that works!

Apply proper maintenance rather than a bandaid that increases the likelihood of failure? Sounds logical to me.

Mr. Sheldon is talking about applying this to full size helicopters.

And arguing on an internet site about electronics is the right solution to stop vibration on a helicopter.
Nothing wrong with that logic. Is it vibrating because it crashed into the East River last month?

You are asking questions and people are helping out.
People who apparently know what they are talking about, who don't have to ask the questions you are asking.
Jon has been on here since 2012 and this is the first time, as far as I know, that he has revealed his many years in this particular field.
I don't see this as bragging, more as reinforcing that he knows what he is talking about.
Two ears and one mouth.....maybe you should listen twice as much as you speak?
Thanks for that invaluable piece of advice!

Who gets in a helicopter that vibrates?

Sell it, get one that works!
I take it you've never worked on helicopters? Whenever blades or major components (gearbox etc) or added/removed (hoist/PID) There will be a change to the helicopters vibration and balance. There is a requirement to carry out what is known as a track and balance to reduce vibration to an acceptable level. Unfortunately in the military we are unable to "Get rid" of our Wildcat helicopters at the first sign of excessive vibration ha ha

Thanks for that invaluable piece of advice!

I was going to say something, but it's not worth the effort to be blown off. A number of people have suggested that you haven't thought this idea through completely; I don't recall anyone saying it's a good idea, so maybe it's time for additional analysis.

A simple trial you could do is to mount two different types of vibration motors on an aluminum plate...s. - scratch that. Nevermind. I don't think your idea will work. You don't want my advice.

Good luck. Oh, and if I was going to brag, I'd mention my patent for a signal processing technique. Or perhaps my involvement in development of a test stand for overhauling navy helicopters. I'd just say that was establishing credibility but call it bragging if you like.

In the first post it was an R/C helicopter, now it's a Wildcat!!!

Really?

Mike.

I take it you've never worked on helicopters? Whenever blades or major components (gearbox etc) or added/removed (hoist/PID) There will be a change to the helicopters vibration and balance. There is a requirement to carry out what is known as a track and balance to reduce vibration to an acceptable level. Unfortunately in the military we are unable to "Get rid" of our Wildcat helicopters at the first sign of excessive vibration ha ha
Explains alot, like how one got left in Pakistan.

Really?

Mike.
You know how these projects get out of hand, feature creep and all that :D.

Really?

Mike.

I saw that too. It seems like Mark Sheldon is either feeding his RC copter some steroids to grow up to a wildcat, or he is trying to save face as the idea went south.

First post...
Hi all, I am building this cct to reduce the vibration in a 2.4Ghz radio controlled helicopter. I will be using a vibration motor instead of a basic one. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys could help with. 1. What vibration motor would be the best to use to achieve my aim and 2. The breadboard I am using is quite small, is there a min/max voltage/current to certain sized breadboard? Thank you in advance for any expert input.

Last post...

unfortunately the Royal Navy where I work won't allow me to modify a £20 million pound helicopter for my university project hence why i was trying to use a radio controlled helicopter!
Then i guess they stuck with one that makes women happy

I'm so glad you're a student and nobody is going to let you loose on real hardware. You came here asking a question and promptly ignored all advice given. And, when you didn't like the answers given, asked the same question again and again. Then you insinuate that you're in the military and working on Wildcats.

Can you see anything wrong in the above? Or, will you post a "new" question tomorrow?

Mike.
Over and out.

I saw that too. It seems like Mark Sheldon is either feeding his RC copter some steroids to grow up to a wildcat, or he is trying to save face as the idea went south.

First post...

Last post...
Thanks for reminding me what I wrote. As I explained the idea was based on a wildcat but as the military won't allow me to modify a £20 million pound helicopter I would of had to use a radio controlled helicopter. Thanks for the sarcastic comment though!

I'm so glad you're a student and nobody is going to let you loose on real hardware. You came here asking a question and promptly ignored all advice given. And, when you didn't like the answers asked the same question again and again. Then you insinuate your in the military and working on Wildcats.

Can you see anything wrong in the above? Or, will you post a "new" question tomorrow?

Mike.
Over and out.
I didn't ignore any advice the fact some people said it was possible whilst others said it wasn't resulted in me asking further questions. Oh and for your information I'm a 26 year done royal naval aircraft engineer just looking to broaden my knowledge by completing my degree.

Thanks for reminding me what I wrote. As I explained the idea was based on a wildcat but as the military won't allow me to modify a £20 million pound helicopter I would of had to use a radio controlled helicopter. Thanks for the sarcastic comment though!

It seems there is more than one type of oscillation in the conversation...

Are we back to RC copter for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back