Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seen this Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Windows Defender which won't let me update!!...
is there a good free anti-virus that's not a resource hog?

And while I know that it is possible to destroy hardware with software, that is rarely done in modern malware. So if the malware is gone and the hardware is still OK, I've won.

Torben

While they cannot hurt equipment, as I have come to find out, they can put a dent in one's bank account.

They got me for just over $200 this past spring when I felt I was doing the right thing and protecting my equipment. As you said, the malware is now gone, and the hardware is OK, but since that $200 was part of our summer subsistance fund, we'll probably go without groceries until my first paycheck in two weeks.

Sorry for dragging Trigger out of the barn to resurrect this part of the thread, but just had to bi-ch.:(

Aha....
But, Avira free is anti virus only. So you still have to find something else to run your anti-spyware and stuff.
AVG version 8 free has antivir and antispyware, in one package.
This will definitely explain why it's also a bit slower, it's heavier. Avira is light and nimble, like a TVR. AVG is more like a Corvette Z06.

Both are huge fun, but the TVR will get around a track quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back