Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Security camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

WireDiddler

I want to take an old smartphone I have extend the wires so I can put the camera thru a hole in the wall. Running to the phone on the other side, and run an app to turn into security camera. Is this possible ? And how would I do it ?

Mobile cameras the ones I've seen have serial data outputs, and at a high rate, meaning you might be able to exend the wires, but you'd only get 12" at the most.
And removing the cam module from a phone without wrecking it would be difficult for a pro with all the gear.

And removing the cam module from a phone without wrecking it would be difficult for a pro with all the gear.
especially if it's mounted directly on the circuit board... other than that they use flex strip cables, which would require some kind of extension cable made with a flex connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back