Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seamstress question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
Anyone do any sewing?
I want to run some cables (around 8mm dia) with connectors on the end through a nylon bag.
I've seen chrome plated ring things that you crimp into said material, anyone know what these are called and/or where to get them.

Anyone do any sewing?
I want to run some cables (around 8mm dia) with connectors on the end through a nylon bag.
I've seen chrome plated ring things that you crimp into said material, anyone know what these are called and/or where to get them.

Some smaller sizes from Lowe's as a variety pack with crimper.

**broken link removed**

The thin aluminum grommets are very easy to bend.

Grommets with an opening larger than 6mm usually require professional tooling and a press to install so you may do well to inquire at an awning shop.

It's more common and easier to sew a casing to sleeve cordage with or without grommet reinforcement at the end openings than to weave the cord through multiple grommets.

https://www.seattlefabrics.com/grommets-snaps-fasteners-setters_c_21.html

Last edited:
I have two sets of these that are over 100 years old, belonged to one of my great grandpas. One of his many businesses was making banners and buntings for people. And I got them when nobody else wanted them.

In case your kids don't want them, please put me in your will. I love old tools.

Thanks guys.
I should have known they'd be called grommets.
I'll see if I can get a couple, might be able to work something out for crimping a one off.

In case your kids don't want them, please put me in your will. I love old tools.

Yeah, I am the one in my family, a packrat. That is the reason I don't go to flea markets or stop a garage sales any more.

There are two different sizes, 1/2" and 3/4". the anvil part of the tools are a heavy cast iron and the punch parts are hardened steel. The was when I got them quite a few grommets in both sizes, but have used quite a few over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back