Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD Card thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
The standards for SD cards are a little fuzzy, but mainly on the high speed high capacity ones, I think the SPI access ability is optional but very common.

SPI mode on SD cards is not optional. It's optional on MicroSD devices. The SD Association sets the standards for SD Cards, Sandisk is one of the founding members.

Even though SPI is optional on MicroSD devices I haven't found one that does not have it. I have heard of them, but I couldn't name manufacturers or specific models.

This doesn't relate all that much, but I saw this tear down of SD cards and fakes. It was really interesting and has some insights into the industry:
On MicroSD Problems bunnie's blog

Those are nice boards on your blog Jason. That clear PCB material is pretty cool.

Thanks for the fill in Dirtylude, I wasn't quiet sure and I'm too busy to look it up. Nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back