• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'Scope tube anode cap needed!


Well-Known Member
The anode cap of my Cossor CDU 150 has melted. Does anyone have a small CRT anode cap I can use as a replacement?


Well-Known Member
I just happen to have a dead 9" crt monitor in my living room* at the moment, the LOPT is shot so you are welcome to the lead/cap if it's the correct one.

What diameter is the "pin" on the existing connector - or do you just need the insulating boot?

[* - Single, Engineer, lifelong electronics and computer enthusiast..]


Well-Known Member
Hello there rjenkinsgp. It's just the boot I need, I can alter it slightly if needs be. Clip is about 3/8" I think. Anode voltage is only about 9kV so your one would probably be about right. I'll PM you to arrange something. Many thanks!
What's really annoying is I had 2 from old computer monitors a few years ago, kept the lopts and threw the caps away! IMA dumbass...

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles