Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic of a Servo Motor connects to AT89C51 needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used an AT89C51, but presumably it's the same as connecting a PIC?, simply use a common ground, and a single I/O pin (set to an output) to feed the required pulse to the servo input pin. Don't forget to provide power for the servo as well!.

Being familiar with the LCD + Keypad thread...

You need to be sure about your servo's pin configuration and power requirements. A small servo of a model airplane, you can probably use the same supply as the MCU (5 volts).

The control line goes to an I/O pin, as Nigel stated, but you need to use PWM to control the servo.

HarveyH42 said:
The control line goes to an I/O pin, as Nigel stated, but you need to use PWM to control the servo.

It's rather a misleading statement saying it needs 'PWM'?, it needs a pulse between 1mS and 2mS in width, repeated every 20mS - this isn't really the same thing as PWM which is used for power and speed control, and could easily confuse someone who doesn't know the difference?.

I don't know what else to call it, but it's very similar, and haven't seen it refered to as anything else. You are probably right, but calling it PWM is what I find most used to describe it, and I've been researching this a lot past few weeks. Figure if searched with google, he'd find the sites, but pretty sure he's looking for a ready made circuit diagram and program, like with the LCD...

HarveyH42 said:
I don't know what else to call it, but it's very similar, and haven't seen it refered to as anything else. You are probably right, but calling it PWM is what I find most used to describe it, and I've been researching this a lot past few weeks. Figure if searched with google, he'd find the sites, but pretty sure he's looking for a ready made circuit diagram and program, like with the LCD...

ya.. u r right.. Im looking for the complete schematic for the servo and then i can combined it with the Keypad & LCD... :)

Like we said, the 'complete schematic' is just a single I/O pin feeding the input of the servo' plus the power and ground connections - no components.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Like we said, the 'complete schematic' is just a single I/O pin feeding the input of the servo' plus the power and ground connections - no components.

icic... juz connect it to the I/O pins in the AT80C51?
may i knw which pins are usually connect to according to the diagram that i had post earlier?? sorry for asking lame Q again...

the image below shows my Servo pins.. got 3 wires... black, white and red..
may i know the functions of each colour?? how to connect these 3 colours to the pins in AT89C51???

my servo motor pin... >> https://www.filehigh.com/serve/2923/471605.jpg

Bad picture, very very very bad picture :(

I suggest you first read the datasheet of that servo, then see if what is already posted match the datasheet (I bet it will :D:D) then connect the correct wire to +5V (the red one :eek:) ; 5V ground (the black one :eek:) and P1.0 of your µC (the white one :eek:) .

If you don't know what signal is needed from the µC try with a function generator first (no coding, no programming just learning how it works)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back