Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic diagram simple sub woofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

von_25

greetings of peace fellow human kinds
can somebody give me a diagram for a simple sub woofer thats all i need cause i have the parts and i know how to build one if i have a diagram
thanks

A Sub-woofer is a big low frequency speaker in a cabinet that is tuned for it.
A sub-woofer needs a power amplifier to drive it.
The power amplifier needs a lowpass filter feeding it for the sub-woofer, and a highpass filter feeding the other speakers' amplifiers.

What do you need a diagram of?

So you want an amplified sub woofer.

I take it this is coursework, no we won't just give you the answer. However we don't mind helping you get your project working if you have an idea.

Just connect a big sub-woofer speaker to a 12V car battery and it will play the bass of the music? No amplifier? No lowpass filter?

Ask your teacher if it is the 12V power amplifier part of a sub-woofer system you need a schematic. Ask how much power is needed.

Actually, considering the amount of voltage dip you can get off of a high power car audio setup, you could probably drive a low power subwoofer directly from the battery via a very large decoupling capacitor down to a rate of 30hz or so, automatically bandpassed via the power system.

all i need is a diagram for a sub woofer cause i built a car stereo from a cd rom all are working, power supply, amplifier,the volume and the speaker
and a schematic diagram for the sub woofer is the only thing i need ill really appreciate your help thanks

A sub-woofer is a big low frequency speaker in a cabinet. There is not a schematic for it since it has only two wires. You look at the datasheet for the speaker and build a cabinet like it shows.

You say that you already have the speaker, its amplifier and its power supply. So look at the speaker's datasheet for its recommended cabinet.
Do you have a crossover network?

There are many different cabinet types for speakers. Sealed, ported or with dual chambers as a bandpass.

A tube's probably the best option to get the maximum efficiency from your driver. They're also quite say to make from laminate and are quite common projects for GCSE design and technology students.

A sub-woofer is a low frequency speaker in an enclosure that is designed for it.
The speaker manufacturer has plans for the recommended enclosure.

It is a speaker, not a circuit. Which circuit do you need?
1) An amplifier for a sub-woofer is a circuit.
2) A lowpass filter for the sub-woofer amplifier is another circuit.

1. A subwoofer is a regular speaker designed for only low frequency response, so the schematic symbol is that of a regular speaker.

2. To power the speaker you need an amplifier. You need to ask your teacher if the amplifier should be a schematic box, or if it needs to be broken out to actual components.

Based on your posts, I dont think you would be able to actually break down an amplifier into individual components.

Sub woofer

all i need is a diagram for a sub woofer cause i built a car stereo from a cd rom all are working, power supply, amplifier,the volume and the speaker
and a schematic diagram for the sub woofer is the only thing i need ill really appreciate your help thanks

I don't think that is all you need.:rolleyes: If in fact you have come up with a power supply, amplifier and the volume, how can you not understand about a sub-woofer?:confused:

Check out the "Quick Question - Voltage rises when rectified" thread.
I posted several amplifier data sheets complete with design schematics and circuit board layouts. :)

PS. put the pot away a few hours before you go online! It really helps us to understand you. You may think it does not affect you, but we know better! :D

PS. put the pot away a few hours before you go online! It really helps us to understand you. You may think it does not affect you, but we know better! :D
Does he smoke and get high on "volume controls"?? Or a pot of soup?
Does he eat brownies made with ground up "volume controls"??

Last edited:
Sorry guys! This thread just reminded me of a few converstions I have had with a local stoner. His electronics questions follow this pattern almost exactly!

No harm intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back