Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scanner repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ..... After that noise made by the gear on the belt I checked the optical sensor and I obstructed it to see if the motor stop, but nothing happen. I thought that the sensor it doesn't do its job, but after I assemble it again everything works fine, no more noise but the scanned document still have some shadows and just after some scanning a vertical stripe appeared again. By the way, I didn't tell that I don't have the original power adapter(12V/1.5A) and I use another adapter(12V/1A). I checked to see if get hot but looks to work fine.
which sensor you talk about? the one that senses end of page?

By the way, I didn't tell that I don't have the original power adapter(12V/1.5A) and I use another adapter(12V/1A). I checked to see if get hot but looks to work fine.
Can you check the 12 volts while it's running to make sure its not dropping?

Is an fork light barrier sensor, I think infrared and is placed under the carriage, after a scanning and the carriage return to the initial point, on the bottom of the case is a piece of plastic which will stop the light to pass from transmitter to receiver. I thought this send the stop command to the controller, it doesn't and I don't know why is there if not for this.How I said, i dismantle the carriage, I start to scan and I introduce a barrier to see if motor stop, it doesn't. I didn't check the voltage, but I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back