Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sanwa YX-360TR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sifuconman

Hi,

I have an old analogue Sanwa YX-360TR multimeter which I had been using for many years.

Recently the multimeter developed a strange problem. The meter needle will not return to the zero point when I swtiched from one measuring mode/range to another hence has to be reset to zero manually everytime I switch from one measuring range/mode to another.

Another the problem is that the voltage measuring reading is far out.

Can some one tell me what can be the problem ?

Last edited:
Possibilities are
1. little dust collected on helical springs of the movement.
2. the conical pivots develop deformity and / or collected dust.
3.dust accumulation between the magnet and the coil frame (could also be iron particles)
Solutions,
If you have stable hands and skilled to handle micro things under magemtic field,
you can take out
hold the metr needel and while holding , inspoect and slow blow off the dust
and a have aclean seethro the magenet for dust

f dust alone
blow it
if iron particles, perhaps you need a small antimagnetic wire, gor guiding the partciles out VERY PATIENTLY.
later fix back . it should restore
again , be careful, as unknowingly we are likely to damage more than attend and restore.

Hi Sama

Thanks for the quick response. I forgot one more thing - the needle will return to it's rest position if I disconnect the batteries from the instrument. In this case it is still caused by the dust / magnetic particles in the movement ?

on the process of removing batteries you cause some movement to the meter body and the movement restors. nothing surprising.
even with batteries ON any shake would cause the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back