Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

samsung tv problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott777

can anyone help samsung 50" plasma blowing 8 amp fuse on main power board. fuse no. f803, any ideas? tv part no. is s50hw yb02

Last edited:
not familiar with the specific TV...

is it the AC mains fuse or a fuse in one of the DC lines out of the PSU ?

if its the AC fuse then that narrows probable cause down to an immediate PSU fault
short cct bridge rectifier, blown PTC's etc

Dave

Last edited:
Samsung service policy is to replace boards, there's usually no circuits or individual spares available, presumably the PSU board needs changing?.

It's probably worth checking basic thing first though, a bit of lightning might have killed the bridge rectifier.

Dave I am no expert by any means, but do you have an oscilloscope? If not, it is going to be rather difficult to troubleshoot. If you know quite a bit about electronics and how to follow a schematic; you might be able to get away with just using a Digital Multimeter.

Dave I am no expert by any means, but do you have an oscilloscope? If not, it is going to be rather difficult to troubleshoot. If you know quite a bit about electronics and how to follow a schematic; you might be able to get away with just using a Digital Multimeter.

Obviously not read my post above - Samsung don't supply circuits for their boards.

Also, for a blown fuse, a multimeter is FAR more useful than a scope anyway.

They are referred to as schematics, so you need to get your terminology correct. Thanks

Also, "Samsung doesn't supply..." If you need help with your grammar, I would be more than happy to help you :)

Last edited:
They are referred to as schematics, so you need to get your terminology correct. Thanks

They are circuit diagrams, perhaps you live in a part of the world where they are called something different? - but you don't have your location filled in.

Also, "Samsung doesn't supply..." If you need help with your grammar, I would be more than happy to help you :)

I'm quite happy with my grammer than you - presumably foreign countries again?.

Speaking of grammar, you forgot the fullstop at the end of your sentence.
It might be a good idea not to pick fault, especially when yours isnt perfect.

Anyway, to the OP. If the 8Amp fuse is on the PSU, then check the rectifier and capacitors on the 240v input. There will probably be 2 relays on the board aswell, these normally have 2 decent size resistors near then, check those too. They can cause havock when they pack in.
Its been a while since i did repairs on TVs so im going from memory.
Could you post a picture of the PSU and i will try and help you with things to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back