Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sallen-key filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.M.

can someone direct me to a page with fulfilling information about a SALLEN-KEY lowpass filter.

Please and thank you!

you can be a smartass all you want.. i was asking more on the lines of preferred sights from other fellow electronics people.

I don't believe there is a site devoted to Sallen-Key filer discussion.

TI has a free program, Filter-Pro, that will help you with the calculations. Unfortunately, I simply installed the program and don't have the URL for it. Try the TI site.

As for your characterization of BrownOut, I suggest you look within. Had you taken the few seconds it would have taken to better describe your needs, and I am sure BrownOut would have given more immediately helpful information to you. You reap what you sow.

John

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet the search turned up a bounty of useful information, for anyone who puts in the effort to sift through it. And the OP was given the TI link is another thread he originated.

Last edited:
i was brash i understand and it was not necessary. it was rather funny you took the time to make that video instead of helping.

my post was rather vague, but i am swamped with work so i have little time to waste and i thought a quick post would be sufficient.

and i have researched many pages, i was just looking for preferred sights from anyone out there.

I guess after a few tries, it appears that neither BrownOut nor I understand. What exactly do you mean by preferred sights?

Originally, I thought you meant "sites," but apparently that is not what you mean.

John

He wants someone to provide a website that has information about S-K filters. In reality, a simple search turns up a boatload of information. Maybe it's too much information. (information overload)

I don't like Filter-Pro because it shows very odd resistor and capacitor values.
It has never made a Butterworth second order Sallen and Key filter with two resistors or two capacitors with the same value and it has never made a Butterworth Sallen and Key second order filter with the resistors with the sane value, or the capacitors with the same value plus some gain.

@AG
Do you use the optional entry panel? I do a first pass, then pick a capacitor that I have and make a second pass. Odd resistor values are handled either by setting the series, or I just use a pair of resistors of the series that I have to get the calculated value.

John

A Butterworth second order Sallen and Key filter is made with a unity gain opamp and one capacitor or resistor exactly twice the value of the other. FilterPro doesn't know that.

A Butterworth second order sallen and Key filter is also made with the same resistors and capacitors and the gain of the opamp about 1.6 times. FilterPro also desn't know that.

FilterPro is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back