Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-video help

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatpie

Hi all,

I'm trying to output video from computer to an old tv.

I have succeded using a 4pin s-video to s-video cable on one tv that I own. But the tv I want to go with the computer doesn't have s-video.

So I bought one of these :
**broken link removed**

It doesn't work.

Anyone know why ?

Meatpie

So do you get any video, or just nothing?

Without knowing what's inside the cable it's difficult to tell why it doesn't work. For example heres a simple circuit that supposedly works for the conversion.

So do you get any video, or just nothing?

Without knowing what's inside the cable it's difficult to tell why it doesn't work. For example heres a simple circuit that supposedly works for the conversion.

No video at all...blue tv.

That's an interesting link.

When check with a meter, the one I bought looks like this :

Attachments

• svideo to rca..JPG
    svideo to rca..JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Thank you Thank you Thank you Crutschow.

I made up a cable from parts that I already had, identical to in the link you gave me.

Result : Perfect reception !

I think the person who made the lead I bought, has been given a cable and a plug and told "just solder them anywhere, it'll do".

Cheers
Meatpie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back