rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

decent_13

hey every one .i need ur help .
i have a project it is about serial file transfer with rs232 data cable
from pc to pc . the program must be writen in asm language
if u help me i will pleased

This forum is for microcontrollers and there would be none in this project, so I'm not certain if anyone could help you. Your transferring from PC to PC. I could write an 8086 ASM program in the old DOS days, but I have no idea how to do it now, expecially with the Windows API layer. Maybe it would be easier in Linux.

ok.thanks

yes teacher want in 8086 codes . the teacher did not show any thing about this .i dont have any idea how a rs232 work .so i dont know its princible

You can look at comtools in this link for a start on the code. And can flip each byte to HEX ASC and shoot it over and a filename or use a protocol like x-modem. Google x-modem

**broken link removed**

Also note you will want to use a pre Windows 2000 machine to do the project or as stated above it will be a pain in the neck to write. What OS are you planning to use.

I can dig and see if I still have MasterDOS (ExecuDir was it's first name), wrote it in 1981 and it has Xmodem send/receive in it. Even batch a mode.

What is this project for?

EDIT: SAMs had a "Programming the IBM PC" and "Printer connection bible" as well. I actually have them still. And at a very fair price

Last edited:
hey every one i need ur help .i have a project it is about microprocessor .
it is serial file transfer pc to pc with rs232 data cable . the program must be writen in assembly language . .i need ur help .

Popped over to ****-chat and saw this. As gknguyen stated above. This will get you the silent treatment ASAP. Post in the right area (or close as you can get) and if you have a project of your own start a new thread and post as much detail (like OS) as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…