Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 With Long Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Hi I want to transfer my RS232 data (9600bps) on 150m length.

Whats the hardware method I can use to transfer my data?

Hi I want to transfer my RS232 data (9600bps) on 150m length.

Whats the hardware method I can use to transfer my data?
Look into rs485; it is differential pair signaling, and will give good noise immunity over that distance. It is also easy to do - use a max485 instead of a max232 driver.

Hi BeeBop thanks for the input.I have no experience in MAX485.Now I have done RS232 code also I have connected my PIC output to MAX232.

Can I directly connect MAX485 to PIC to transfer long distance?

Ok thanks guys for giving the idea of RS422.

I searched but there is no data sheet for RS422.Did you find any data sheet?

The other thing is I'm confuse with "what is the meaning of balance line & unbalance line" in communication.In RS232 I don't know what is that balance or unbalance.

Last edited:
Ok I read many articles & got some ideas.

I want to know can I interface MAX485 with MAX232 to send long distance transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back