Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 to PIC16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHS

Hi everyone... i'm connecting a mobile phone (SE T610) with a DB9 to RS232, meanwhile link to PIC16F877A. The purpose of the project is to dial the phone using AT command written in the PIC whenever the ultra or touch sensor triggered@ PIN_A0 or PIN_A1 triggered. However, i can't seems to have the output transmitted to the mobile phone, can anyone help please? thx...

Is the crystal oscillator @ PIN13 PIN14 of the PIC makes any differences? I'm using a 20MHz crystal series to 2 30pF capacitor.
Below is my program code:

//Preprocessor
#INCLUDE <16F877.H>
#FUSES HS,NOWDT,NOLVP
#USE DELAY(clock=12000000)
#USE RS232(baud=9600,parity=N,xmit=PIN_C6,rcv=PIN_C7,bits=8)

#DEFINE OPEN PIN_A0
#DEFINE CLOSED PIN_A1
#DEFINE SIREN1 PIN_B5
#DEFINE LED PIN_B6

char SENSOR1, SENSOR2;

void MAIN()
{ SET_TRIS_A(0x3F);
SET_TRIS_B(0x01);
SET_TRIS_C(0x0E);
SET_TRIS_D(0x00);

SENSOR1=INPUT(OPEN);
SENSOR2=INPUT(CLOSED);

if(SENSOR1)
{
PRINTF("ATD0122121556;\n\r");
OUTPUT_HIGH(SIREN1);
}
else if(SENSOR2)
{
OUTPUT_HIGH(LED);
}
}

The connectivity of MAX232 to my PIC as showned

**broken link removed**

It would be great if anyone could brighten me up... Thx

If you connect the mobile phone to the serial port on a PC, you should be able to get it to dial using the ATD command.

(ATH will hang up)

You can also connect the PIC via the MAX232 to the PC and check that the PIC is sending the command when it should.

You need to get those things sorted before trying the whole system.

Thx for your reply...

I had connected the mobile phone to serial to PC, with the command it works... Testing with a multimeter, i have following output:-
+ve to PIN5 of DB9(ground), -ve to PIN2 of DB9, i have a 5.2V
+ve to PIN5 of DB9(ground), -ve to PIN3 of DB9, i have a 9.6V.
It seems when it work the Rx of DB9 suppose to powered up to 5.2V and Tx up to 9.6V.

But when i fix the connection into RS232 and PIC, i still obtain the 5.2V from PIN2, but the PIN3 have no output at all. Any idea why? The configuration of the rs232 and PIC16f877 shouldn't have caused the problem as i had confirm the same connectivity via alot of references.

It would be a great if u could brighten me up...

Thx...

Regards...

Hello!
Can you please give me schemes for connecting the Sony Ericsson T610 to a PC and to a microcontroller, using serial communication? I tried to search, using google, but i found no relevant results.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
One obvious question would be:
You state a 20MHz crystal, but your delay is:
Code:
#USE DELAY(clock=12000000)

Which sets up your timing up for everything.

Set this to:
Code:
#USE DELAY(clock=20000000)
And see if it makes any difference.

Wilksey

Last edited:
hi...
when dealing with serial RS232 communication, try first to verify the signals compltability
* TTL-CMOS when connecting the chip and the GSM mobile
* try to use Hyper Terminal as a debbuger tool in order to verify the transmission

Help on Phone project

Hello,

Thanks for the info, now i would like to know if this circuit is possible with a NOKIA phone?

I saw your post.

Now i would like your help on a project i am working on.

I would like to use a microcontroller (MC) to dial a phone i.e. the MC interfaces with a NOKIA phone. and the MC when it receives a particular input makes the NOKIA phone dial any other phone.

I await eagerly your assistance on this. it is for a class project.

CHS how can i get the code and necessary details for your circuit?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back