Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 serial to parallel I/O interface circuit - I NEED ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansis

Hello to all,

Can anyone help ?
I need a serial interface for a robotics project.I've searched the web and found only one circuit , but that uses a 6402 UART ic which I'm told is now obsolete.

serial to parallel does exist....it does exist.

in many parts catalogs there are a couple of chips called, PISO, or SIPO.
parallel in serial out and serial in parallel out. by making a clock that works at the baud rate you are looking for and deviding it by the number of bits in your serial stream , that will give you the clock rate you need to use the sipo. giving you serial to parallel. there are also many other ways.
on https://www.commlinx.com.au contains a schematic directory and in there schematic directory they have a design using an atmel microcontroller and uncludes code. so there are many options available.

AT89c2051 will do

hi,

use AT89c2051 microcontroller which has builit serial Com port nad two parallel ports, you just have to write small software.

abhishek

Thank you both for your replies,

It's been some time since I picked up a soldering iron and what started life as a simple robotics project has become a bit more challenging.

Looks as if I'm going to have to get to grips with micro-controllers,
was once fluent in quick-basic but that was back around version 2.

jon h.

Gloucester,England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back