Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 or I2C PSU Module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccardo

Hello,

I am looking for a small PSU Module such as a DC-DC convertor or an SMPS that can be controlled using a serial interface such as RS232, I2C, SPI etc.

I can see this Bench top PSU (link below), but I was hoping there was a small PCB module available that could handle around 5A.

The datasheet for the unit above is rather lacking, so I am not sure if it would do as I want. I basically want to be able to adjust the PSU voltage/current using an external microcontroller which is measuring parts of an experiment.

I bought and built a kit that uses an ATMEL processor to control voltage/current so it's definitely possible. Unfortunately that only manages 2A but might be a good starting point. Does anyone here have a schematic for that kit?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back