Dear world,

Does anyone know how to pass an array through the serial port
I am using

PIC16F874
CCS COMPILER

If you know the soloution in hi-tech compiler, then that is okay

I thank you in advance

Regards

What do you mean an array? A variable array? Who is receiving it? Perhaps a loop will do it, loading the value into a variable and sending it then increasing 1 to read the next value and loop....

Ivancho

Here is what I haven't learned yet... I would like to recieve a few characters from the serial port and send a bunch back. I'm not sure how to work with this in the memory. If I want to recieve 3 characters first, I can store the first byte to some memory location, then I increment the address. I'm just not sure how to refer to an address rather than a number or literal. For this particular string I could refer to it in its exact location in the general registers.

Are there any routines for storing strings and sending them serially??

I would really like to move over to the PIC18 to get away from this paged memory but the web lacks many examples. At least its not too different.

In C to get a memory location instead of a value you use the & character in front of the variable

unsigned char var;

memorylocation = &var;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…