Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS 485 Tranceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

premkumar9

Hi,
I plan to use RS485 2 wire communication to transmit some data from one point to another through cable. The suitable transceivers I could locate are DS1487 and MAX 1487. Can anybody suggest some other IC which may be more commonly available?

I would use the MAX/DS1478, it is a newer and better part.
The 75176 is old and is not slew rate limited, which means that the drive to the line has sharp edges and can create bad RF interference radio equipment and other sensitive devices.
(Been there, done it and got the T-shirt!)

JimB

On edit:
As PremKumar points out, I really mean the 1487 !

Last edited:
I would use the MAX/DS1478, it is a newer and better part.
The 75176 is old and is not slew rate limited, which means that the drive to the line has sharp edges and can create bad RF interference radio equipment and other sensitive devices.
(Been there, done it and got the T-shirt!)

JimB
I think you mean 1487 (not 1478).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back