Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RPM activated switch to save motor from nitrous blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The max speed governor on my car's engine works only when I am passing a slower vehicle on a 2-lane road and a big truck is coming towards me.
They say it is for tire safety. Maybe I should slow down.
There should really be an automatic short emergency delay on the governor (say 30 seconds) that would allow for just such a situation. Certainly the tires wouldn't overheat in that short a period, if that's the real concern.

A timer would be dangerous.
I think the speed governor should have an over-ride push-button.

How long does it take to get from 14000 to 14500 RPM in first gear on this bike, especially if you hit an oil slick and lose traction, or miss a shift? Not very long, I'll bet. The LM2907 (or any similar frequency to voltage converter) has some time lag, which could be disastrous. I would consider doing a digital period measurement on the tach output, which is instantaneous. The noise immunity is worse, but you could do some digital filtering or a sanity check (comparing with previous results) to improve it, if necessary. These also have lag, but it could be less than the F-V method.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back